British National Party!
Crinkley Bottom Extra: The Last of Desert Orchid!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Last of Desert Orchid!


The dashing grey, who won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1989, was much-loved by racing enthusiasts for his iron will and extreme adaptability.

The National Hunt icon won 34 races in total, including seven at his beloved Kempton, where four victories in the King George VI Steeple Chase underlined his immense talent.



Pug says: thought I'd pay my last respects to the old fella! he won me a few bob during his racing career. If you want to see his life in pictures click here.
Cheers.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 14 November, 2006, Blogger Michele said...

My first race track experience
was betting on a grey horse.
He ran dead last pooping all
along the way.

I never wagered on a grey
horse ever again.

I guess i stereotyped all
grey horses after that.lol

BTW Blogger is encouraging
you to switch over to the new
blogger on the dashboard.
Have you done it yet,and is
it beta?
Cheers!

 
At Thursday, 16 November, 2006, Blogger Pugs said...

Hi michele, I didn't imagine you as a gambling woman.. LOL
I see blogger is trying to tempt people to switch over, but I haven't done so yet! I am thinking about it though, will let you know if I do.
Cheers my friend.

 
At Thursday, 16 November, 2006, Blogger Cind said...

Red Rum was the greatest horse of all time for me 'cos I got about £1.50 back on an e/w bet the first time he won the National, and me Nanna put it on for me!!

Horses eh? My favourite animal ;-}

 
At Thursday, 16 November, 2006, Blogger Michele said...

My stepfather use to take me
to the race track with him.
I was a railbird,that was for
kids under 12.It was like a
club for kids.I grew up and
still use to be a horse race
fan.

I use to go to early bird
betting in the morning before
i went to work.
Trying to hit the pick 6
Now we have the lottery so
i've left the horses alone.
Cheers!

 
At Friday, 17 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favourites ( and my bank managers).

 
At Tuesday, 21 November, 2006, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

My cats will shortly be enjoying him? Great horse he was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home