British National Party!
Crinkley Bottom Extra: BT Broadband Sucks!

Friday, November 03, 2006

BT Broadband Sucks!

Pug says: I'm cheesed off with BT, they have really been getting up my nose these past couple of days.
I have just realised that I have been paying £20.27 a month for the last 4-5 months and only getting 2mb speed, I knew that they had a few new options but stayed with my old package thinking I was getting a better deal, not a bit like it.
After having a good arguement with BT trying to explain that I didn't want to sign up for another 12 month agreement but to increase my speed as other packages included were getting up to 8mb (they still refused to compromise with me in any way,) so I decided to take the option 3, at least I get £5 off a month for the 12 months plus I get the wireless hub etc.
I was seriously thinking of going with Talk Talk but apparently I couldn't get free broadband in my area so they wanted another £10 to use it.
If you ask me all broadband is one of the biggest rip-off's going, if you live next door to the exchange your laughing.
Cheers my friends.

7 Comments:

At Friday, 03 November, 2006, Blogger Michele said...

I can't comment on broadband
i'm still on dial up.LOL
Cheers!

 
At Saturday, 04 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should threaten to leave....they will upgrade you then....if they don't....leave...there are plenty of providers around who will give you 8MB if you can receive it....however, you might not be able to get 8Mb because of your distance from the exchange and if that is the case then you might as well stay with BT.

 
At Saturday, 04 November, 2006, Blogger Hexter said...

Try getting blueyonder they offer 4mb with no download limits ;)

 
At Saturday, 04 November, 2006, Blogger Pugs said...

michele-the way things are going with broadband, we will soon be back to the normal dialup speed anyway!
Cheers my friend!

templar-I did threaten to leave but they wouldn't budge, they will have to soon though by the looks of things.
I get your drift about the distance from the exchange and apparently my line will take up to 5mb's that's what got me annoyed.
Cheers!

hexter-I don't think blue yonder came up for my location but I will have a look
Cheers!

 
At Saturday, 04 November, 2006, Blogger Hexter said...

Have you tried bethere? they are suppose to be good.

http://www.bethere.co.uk/

 
At Saturday, 04 November, 2006, Blogger Pugs said...

Hi hexter, just tried it but it's not in my area at the moment.
Cheers!

 
At Monday, 06 November, 2006, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

I'm on AOHell. When they pissed me off I cancelled my contract. They said "You can't" I said "Bollocks" and cancelled me standing order. They co-operated from then on. What were they goin' to do? Sue the little guy? I think not

 

Post a Comment

<< Home