British National Party!
Crinkley Bottom Extra: What a month!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

What a month!

Pug says: I'm sorry guys, but I haven't been keeping on top of things of late, you could call it the PC Blues I suppose. Ha!Ha!Ha!

I think I told you in one of my older posts that I've been trying to sort out my broadband, well I have just gone wireless! yes! wireless! yet now I seem to have more wires hanging around than I had previously.

The package I received was suppose to come with a hub phone, that! will arrive in four weeks time so they tell me. (out of stock) "typical."
So in the mean time they have sent me two cordless phones, both of which have to find a home near a plug socket, (I think you're starting to get my drift) well to cut a long story short, after I completed the installation, tested all the equipment which involved six different ring tones (all going off at once) on six seperate phones, (which in a small bungalow isn't very pleasing to the ear I can tell you), found to my amazement everything was working fine.

Why six phones you might ask? well a phone beside both computers, a phone in each of the two bedrooms, the hub phone and the hall phone. (I have now lowered the volume on all of them) Ha!Ha!Ha!

All was going well up until a couple of nights ago, when at around 03.30 in the morning a huge lightening bolt cracked from the sky which set all the car and house alarms off in the road, I shot out of bed thinking that we were all under siege. Ha!Ha!Ha!
Checked everything was OK and went back to bed.

In the morning when I booted up the PC's I found that the lightening strike had hit the phones next to them as it blew out my modem cards in both PC's. (If it ain't one thing tis another)

I always turn the electric plugs off of an evening before I go to bed but never unplug the phone from the main sockets, who does? (I don't know how people in the States get on with the severe thunder and lightening storms they get) must cost them a fortune in modem cards.

I hate it when my computers aren't up to scratch, everything gotta be just right, not that I need modem cards right now seeing I'm on broadband, but they were handy to send faxes out.

Anyroad I am now left with a lounge that looks more like a warehouse that a bomb has just hit, with empty boxes strewn all over the floor.

Hopefully things will start getting back to normal in a week or two.. Ha!Ha!Ha!

Cheers my friends.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 18 November, 2006, Blogger Simon Barrett said...

Wires, you ain't seen wires till ya seen my place, we got em everywhere!

In fact it's a challenge just to navigate through the place hahahaha
http://zzsimonb.blogspot.com/2006/10/disaster-strikes-simons-data-center.html
As for lightning, I ain't scared, if it all gets blown up, I just go to the junk pile and build me some new ones hahaha

Have a great weekend
zzsimonb
http://zzsimonb.blogspot.com

 
At Saturday, 18 November, 2006, Blogger Michele said...

Wow my friend sounds like you
have your hands full.6 phones?
I see you've gone beta how you
like it so far?

I think i'll wait a while
before i make a decision.
Unless it becomes mandatory.
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home